Woodswoman Abroad

Sometimes a travelogue, sometimes just a vehicle for wistful thinking about Italy or France . . . always ready to go back again.

Friday, September 28, 2007

School's out!

I finished my last day of language school today, and I received my certificate for passing 60 contact hours of Intermediate I. I took my private teacher out for a quick caffe-wine break . . . he had caffe and I had the wine, because he had to leave quite soon to get his car, his wife and his son to a doctor's appointment. Didn't want to drive with any wine in him. Good choice.

At any rate, I'm nearly packed, actually, all packed but for what I'll need in the morning . . . toothbrush, blow dryer, etc. I leave early early tomorrow for a train to Rome Termini and then to the Fiumicino airport to meet Neil so we can fly to Sicily together. It will be good to see him after two weeks of being here without him. Somehow, being gone in the States, away from one another, isn't a big deal, but this time, he would have so much enjoyed wandering around Firenze and it would have been fun to have him here.

Still, I do like being alone on a trip like this, at least for awhile, and with the language school all day, it was best that I did it this way. I will definitely return next year for more classes, and look forward to joining our friends in Sicilia tomorrow afternoon.

Won't have great internet access on that island, but I'm sure I'll find some places to keep this site somewhat up to date.

For now, Ciao!

Woodswoman

2 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

Awwww... It's nice to feel you miss your mate, as nice as it is to have time alone, lol. Say hello to Neil for me.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now you can start teaching us at our October meeting! Sounds like a wonderful trip all in all!
Libby

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home