Woodswoman Abroad

Sometimes a travelogue, sometimes just a vehicle for wistful thinking about Italy or France . . . always ready to go back again.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another country . . . here we come!

October 14, 2008 - Bonjour! I have just returned from six weeks at my retreat in Vermont, though the "retreat" turned into more of a convalescent home duty for my partner and one of our golden Retrievers! Back home in Colorado, I've barely gotten unpacked and am preparing my next LifeprintsJourneys Women's adventure, this time not to my beloved Italia, but instead to Provence and Paris!

One of my 2004 Italy women made a request nearly two years ago, wondering whether I'd be willing to put together a France Women trip for 2008, and as she and I know, once you set an intention, it so often comes to fruition. Manifestation! So at 3:00 a.m., Friday, October 17, nine of us begin our French adventure together. We will be spending one week at a beautiful villa in the Vaucluse area of Provence. Fontaine du Faucon is the villa, Goult is the nearest little village, and our British hosts are a gracious couple who now live in a neaerby area on a vineyard estate, producing their own wine.

As we leave the villa after one week, we will spend a last Provencal night in Gigondas at Les Florets, and then take the TGV back to Paris for five nights in that magical city! I will post as often as possible, and try to figure out a way to post photos as I go, rather than re-inserting them when I return home. Somehow that doesn't ever really pan out . . . too much to do in the moment.

So if any of you are following our trip, I hope you enjoy our adventures!

A bientot!

Woodswoman

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

More pictures pleeze!

Maybe your assistant can load them so you can do the rest of the stuff you have to do?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Woodswoman Abroad said...

Thanks, Sydney, but my assistant has no clue how to do this stuff. She's great at other things, but . . .

I'll try to be better, though. And I have a newer device that might help.

Woodswoman

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

HI there -- well, here's an excuse to do a post, one which took me on a much needed little journey...

You've been tagged. It's easy, only 5 little things to list. I made mine long, but that's what it was for me. Come visit A NewYorker In HOuston, today's post and see. If you want to see others, click on the two mentions at the top of the post who tagged me -- sweetmango (she has a great blog) and Dirtyfootprints, also a great blog, to see what they did.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home